Retail's Big Show – the present and future of retail
From January 12 to 17, 2019 in New York will host the world's largest retail innovation exhibitionRetail's Big Show.
The exhibition contains almost all the world's most important developments created specifically for retail chains. The event takes place at the exhibition complex Jacob K. Javits Center. The number of exhibitors of the exhibition will be more than 700 companies, about 37,000 professionals from almost 100 countries of the world will take part in it. The Retail’s Big Show program includes a conference held by the National Retail Federation, at which more than 200 specialists in the field of retail, technology and business will speak. They will discuss the latest trends, innovations and transformation strategies.
In 2018, the exhibition for the first time earnedInnovation Laboratory, where technologies of the future and how they transform the retail market are demonstrated interactively. Robotics, personalization, augmented reality, fast control systems, spatial recognition and other technologies that are already in commercial use or at the launch stage are presented here. At the Retail's Big Show, you can see what is already working today, what is undergoing an experimental stage, and what is still being thought about.
Retail&Loyalty and the closed club Redis Business Class invite the first persons of Russian retail to join the VI Official Russian delegation of retailers, which will work forRetail’s Big Show.
The entire program of the delegation's work is held in Russian and is being organized for the sixth time. On the project's website, you can get acquainted with reviews, programs of previous visits, photo reports and make sure of the high quality of content, a busy schedule, as well as a friendly atmosphere among the participants.
The program provides:
- an organized tour of the world's largest exhibition of innovative technologies in retail Retail's Big Show;
- business breakfasts with top managers of US retail companies (negotiations are underway with Walmart and Amazon);
- reference visits to New York retail chains (The Market from Macy's and the Facebook section, Amazon Books, MAC Cosmetics);
- constant communication with the delegation members, top managers and owners of retail companies;
- cultural program with visits to contemporary art galleries and excursions.